In August 2018, SEAI published draft Terms and Conditions for the Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH). The levels of support for Biomass boilers have remained unchanged from those previously indicated.
The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat is a guaranteed financial incentive available from the government to promote the installation of renewable heating systems – helping Ireland reduce its carbon emissions; comply with agreed EU targets for 2020 and improve future energy security. The tariff will be available to consumers both on and off the gas grid who meet the application requirements.
- The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat will pay participants that generate and use heat from biomass boilers to heat their building, this will be paid retrospectively on a quarterly basis for a period of 15 years
- Payments will be made on cents per kWh basis – measured via a calibrated heat meter
- The Renewable Heat Incentive will be open to non-domestic users of heat
For the purposes of the SSRH, eligible purposes are defined as heat used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Space Heating: including rooms or other enclosed spaces within buildings, typically through the supply of hot liquid to heat emitters, such as radiators and underfloor heating
- Heating Water: that is used within a commercial, agricultural, public sector or industrial building or district heating scheme
- Process Heat: in the form of steam or hot water for processes such as industrial cooking, pasteurisation, chemical manufacture and agriculture
The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat offers your business a number of unique opportunities:
- Reduce your businesses carbon footprint
- Avail of a guaranteed payment for heating your building for the next 15 years
- Reduce your ongoing overheads in relation to heating
- Upgrading an inefficient or outdated heating system with the financial guarantees of an attractive return on investment
- Support local jobs and enterprise by changing your fuel supply to an indigenous resource
If you are interested in discussing how the installation of a biomass heating system may benefit your business, why not get in touch?
To download the full terms and conditions of the Support Scheme for Renewable Heat, please click here.